NEC’s Express5800/A2000 Series is an enterprise-class 4-socket 4U server based on the Intel® Xeon® Processor E7 v2 Product Family. The server represents a new generation of mission critical servers built specifically to support highly virtualized environments, heavy transactional workloads, and in-memory databases. Extensive hardware redundancy and system monitoring minimizes the risk of a single point of failure. Open and affordable, the Express5800/A2000 Series server delivers a smaller footprint and better operational efficiency, and helps to reduce server sprawl.
- NEC Express5800/A2000 Series is a scale-upserver design with a massive resource pool to support compute-intensive and memoryhungry applications in mission critical and virtualized environments.
- Powered by the Intel® Xeon® Processor E7 v2 Product Family and inheriting NEC’s supercomputer high performance technology, the NEC’s sixth generation enterprise server supports up to 4 processors / 60 cores / 120 threads,4.0 terabyte of memory, and 16 PCIe 3.0 slots.
- NEC Express5800/A2000 Series offers industry-leading reliability, availability, and serviceability (RAS) features required to support business-critical workloads for enterprise computing.
- Combining Intel’s Run Sure technology with NEC’s mainframe inspired advanced RAS features, the Express5800/A2000 Series server with built-in service processors and many redundant components offers exceptional availability and serviceability on standard operating systems.
- NEC Express5800/A2000 Series is highly flexible to support ever demanding and dynamically changing on-premise or cloud workloads for large databases, analytics, and large-scale virtualization.
- Custom configurations offer ability to populate 2, 3 or 4 sockets, and enable or disable cores based on performance requirements.
- Provide pay as you grow configurations
NEC Express5800/A2000 Series server offers high power efficiency in 4U design.
Industry-leading intelligent power management with 80 PLUS® Platinum certified power supply enable the high power efficiency operation. The server operates in temperatures as high as 40 degrees Celsius, which reduces the total power consumption by lowering cooling requirements.
|Form factor / height
|Number of processors
||A2040b: 2 to 4 (configurable), A2020b: 2 (fixed)
Intel® Xeon® Processor E7-4890 v2 (2.8 GHz/15-core/37.5 MB)
Intel® Xeon® Processor E7-4870 v2 (2.3 GHz/15-core/30 MB)
Intel® Xeon® Processor E7-4860 v2 (2.6 GHz/12-core/30 MB)
Intel® Xeon® Processor E7-4830 v2 (2.2 GHz/10-core/20 MB)
Intel® Xeon® Processor E7-4820 v2 (2.0 GHz/8-core/16 MB)
Intel® Xeon® Processor E7-4809 v2 (1.9 GHz/6-core/12 MB)
Intel® Xeon® Processor E7-8891 v2 (3.2 GHz/10-core/37.5 MB)
Intel® Xeon® Processor E7-8893 v2 (3.4 GHz/6-core/37.5 MB)
DDR3L-1600 Registered DIMM (8/16GB), DDR3L-1600 Load Reduced DIMM (32GB),
DDR3L-1066 Load Reduced DIMM (64GB *)
* 64GB DIMM is to be supported in 1H/2014
||Hot plug 2.5-inch SAS HDD, Hot-plug 2.5-iinch SAS SSD
|Maximum internal drive bays
|Maximum internal storage
||HDD: 9.6TB, SSD: 3.2TB
||Internal or external drive (option)
||2x Management LAN connector (1000BASE-T/100BASE-T/10BASE-T, RJ45, rear)
14x PCI Express 3.0 (x8 lane, x8 socket) (Low Profile, 167.6mm in length)
2x PCI Express 3.0 (x4 lane, x8 socket) (Low Profile, 167.6mm in length)
||Embedded in management controller chip (8MB)
||EXPRESSSCOPE Engine 3
||Up to 4 80 PLUS® Platinum certified power supply / Redundancy and hot plug supported
||5x USB 2.0 (3x front, 1x rear, 1x internal), 1x VGA (front), 1x SUV (2x USB /1x VGA/1x Serial, rear)
|Dimensions (W x D x H) and maximum weight
443.0 x 719.3 x 174.5 mm (4U rack height)
482.6 x 892.5 x 175.5 mm (including protruding objects and guide rails)
|Temperature and humidity condition (non-condensing)
Operating: 10 to 40°C 1 / 50 to 104 °F, 20 to 80%
Non operating: -10 to 55°C / 14 to 131°F, 20 to 80%
|Operating systems and virtualization software
Microsoft ® Windows Server® 2008 R2 (SP1 or later) Standard / Enterprise / Datacenter
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012 Standard / Datacenter
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 6.4 or later (x86_64)
Oracle® Linux 6.4 / UEK R2 or later (x86_64)
VMware® ESXi™ 5.1 Update 2
VMware® ESXi™ 5.5